ABOUT SAI BABAShirdi Sai Baba is a spiritual master who is regarded by his devotees as an incarnation of God (avatar), saint, fakir, and satguru. Sai Baba lived between 1838 and 1918. Pathri is said to be Sai’s birthplace. According to Sai Satcharita, Sai Baba arrived at the village of Shirdi in the Ahmednagar District, India when he was about 16 years old. The first Sai Baba temple is situated at Kudal, Sindhudurg. This temple was built in 1922. It is believed that Sai Baba gave one Rupee to Dada Madye ji with which he built the temple in Kudal.
His philosophy ingrained 'Shraddha' meaning faith and 'Saburi' meaning compassion. According to him Shraddha and Saburi were the supreme attributes to reach the state of godliness. Baba helped bring Unity and Harmony between all communities. He said that God is one, but called by different names. He said follow your own religion and seek the truth.
Saibaba's mission was to restore belief in god and according to him, "I give people what they want in the hope that they will begin to want what I want to give them (knowledge of the Ultimate)." He then taught values of total surrender to the Almighty Master (ALLAH MALIK EK- The only ONE) and experiences his grace. His most concise message for one and all alike was "Why fear when I am here".
MIRACLES OF SAI BABA:
Sai Baba's disciples and devotees claim that he performed many miracles such as bilocation, levitation, mindreading, materialization, exorcisms, entering a state of Samadhi at will, lighting lamps with water, removing his limbs or intestines and sticking them back to his body (khandana yoga), curing the incurably sick, appearing beaten when another was beaten, preventing a mosque from falling down on people, and helping his devotees in a miraculous way.
Below are the eleven sayings of Shri Saibaba of Shirdi that has been the guiding principles for millions of his devotees across the world.
1. No harm shall befall him who sets his foot on the soil of Shirdi.
2. He who comes to My Samadhi, his sorrow and suffering shall cease.
3. Though I be no more in flesh and blood, I shall ever protect My devotees.
4. Trust in Me and your prayer shall be answered.
5. Know that My Spirit is immortal. Know this for yourself.
6. Show unto Me he who sought refuge and been turned away.
7. In whatever faith men worship Me, even so do I render to them.
8. Not in vain is My Promise that I shall ever lighten your burden.
9. Knock and the door shall open. Ask and you shall be granted.
10. To him who surrenders unto Me totally I shall be ever indebted.
11. Blessed is he who has become one with Me.